General Purpose Rating (GP Rating) Admission Notification for July -2017 Batch.
Download GP Rating Application Form-2017, Click here.
For admission & Fee Details Contact:
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: +91 9867209187
Procedure for Booking of Seats, Important Dates for Admission & Joining.
- The interested candidates can book their seats by downloading the application form from the website.
- Aspiring candidates have to fill-up application form along with attested photocopies of educational qualification proofs and a demand draft of Rs.300/- (Application processing fee) in favour of “ Commander Ali’s Academy of Merchant Navy” payable at “Hyderabad” & send through Registered Post / Speed Post to the address as mentioned below.
The Admission In-charge Commander Ali’s Academy of Merchant Navy,
Commander Ali’s Estates, Survey No.469,
Village Donthi, Narsapur Road, PO Toopran, Shivampet Mandal,
Medak District – 502334, Telangana State, India.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can reserve your seat by sending Reservation fee of Rs.40,000/- by DD in favour of “Commander Ali’s Academy of Merchant Navy” Payable at Hyderabad. (Please verify your eye sight before you reserve seat). Reservation Receipt will be sent immediately. The Balance course fee has to be paid as intimated by the Academy.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can reserve your seat by sending Reservation fee of Rs.5,000/- . (Please verify your eye sight before you reserve seat). Reservation Receipt will be sent immediately. The Balance course fee has to be paid as intimated by the Academy.
Book Your Seat Now
- The Students should report the CAAMN-Administrative office along with the passport size Photograph (Two). Original 10th Std. Mark sheet & Passing Certificate etc., (The Exact Reporting Date will be informed to the Students).
- Verification of Mark sheets & Medical Test will be conducted at the Academy.
- If the students, fail in the Medical test (which will be conducted at the Academy), will not be confirmed for their admission.
- The students must come with their Personal items, listed below, to CAAMN Hostel on the reporting Date.
GP Rating means General purpose Rating. GP Rating candidates are those who have been trained in both Deck and Engine Room tasks. Such ratings may be employed either in deck department or Engine department according to the needs of the company. They perform tasks related to Seamanship, Cargo handling, Maintenance work on deck, Operation and maintenance of Machinery. This Course ensured higher employability of the Indian seafarers in world market.
GP Rating is a six months residential course approved by D.G Shipping (Govt of India). GP Rating syllabus includes combined study of Deck and Engineering subjects. This course will cover all aspects of the seafaring profession (Deck and Engine), which also include swimming, physical drills, workshop training, rope and mast climbing, lifesaving appliances usage, fire fighting exercises and ship visits etc. After the training, external examinations is conducted by Board of Examination of Seafarers (BES) under D.G Shipping (Govt of India).
Students who successfully pass the examination (BES) are issued INDIAN CDC and are eligible for ship jobs around the world. The students can join ship as trainee OS (Ordinary Seaman) / trainee fitter / trainee oiler / trainee engine room cadet (for Diploma holders). The G.P.Rating candidate will be able to work in all seamanship activities on-board at deck side & as well as at Engine side. With further Sea-service, they will be promoted as, Able-Bodied Seamen / Engine Fitter, Bosun, etc.
They can also be promoted to officer Level with certain sea service (36 months) and qualification requirements. There are wide job opportunities for Indian Seamen all over the world.
Those candidates who want to pursue career in Merchant Navy as soon as passing 10th Standard can join GP Rating course Or NCV Deck cadet Course. These courses help the candidates to pursue career in Merchant Navy and help in financial growth after 6 months of Pre-sea training.
There is no Common Entrance Test for GP Rating. But some institutes conduct their own test to select the candidates.
Admission for General Purpose Rating ( GP Rating-2017 ) - 6 months Course
G.P RATING ELIGIBILITY.
Minimum educational qualification is a pass in the S.S.C / 10th or its equivalent exam from any recognized board. Aggregate/ overall percentage must not be less than 40% and in ENGLISH subject minimum required is 40% either in 10th/12th exams.
Maximum age limit is 25 years at the time of commencement of course.
Minimum Height-157 cms, Weight-48 kgs.
Should be physically fit for sea and should meet the medical standards laid by the Director General of shipping.
Use of corrective lenses for eyesight is permitted but the maximum permissible limits, at entry, are 6/12 in each eye or 6/9 in better eye and 6/18 in other eye for distant unaided vision. Color blindness is not permitted.
Mode of selection:
Written /Interview/ Medical examination.
GP Rating Course duration:
GP rating course is a 6 months residential course.
GP Rating Course fees:
Rs : 2,25,000/-
GP Rating Salary:
In training period as an Ordinary seaman gets 200-300$(Rs 12000-18000), after 9 months of sea service as an Ordinary seaman candidate gets Watch keeping certificate then candidate gets promoted as Able bodied seaman(AB) salary 1000-1500$ .Further experience makes him Bosun Salary(2000-2500$)and also officer (3000-3500$) if candidate has required qualifications.
Note: Candidates desirous of joining the course must apply for a passport immediately, if they do not already have a passport, as it is a requirement when applying for C.D.C.
GP Rating Career.