Indian Maritime University (IMU) is a Central University, Providing quality education in the maritime field. It was established by the Indian Maritime University Act 2008, on 14 November 2008. So, 14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year. It has campuses at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Cochin. Its headquarters is at Chennai and has jurisdiction all over India. The main objective of the Indian Maritime University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training; research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields. The University has 35 affiliated institutes.
|IMU-CET ENTRANCE EXAM 2017 EVENTS||Dates (Tentatives)|
|IMU-CET Online Application Form Starts||25th March,2017|
|Last Date for Applying Online Application form||08th May,2017|
|IMU-CET Admit Card Available from||Third Week of May|
|IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date ( Computer - based)||27th May,2017|
|IMU-CET Results||After Five days from the date of entrance exam|
|IMU-CET Counselling dates||Third/ Fourth week of June|
|Course Commences from||1st August, 2017|
IMU-CET Online Test on 27th May,2017.
IMU-CET Online Application for Aug 2017 Batches(UG & PG) starts from 25th Mar,2017.
IMU-CET Online Application -2017 last date 08th May,2017.
IMU-CET Online Test Timings - 2pm - 5pm (27th May,2017).
IMU-CET Results -2017 will be declared after 5 days from the date of examination (02nd June,2017).
IMU-CET 2017 Online Application Form, Click here.
- IMU Information Brochure for Aug-2017 Batches, Click here.
- IMU Important Notice for DNS Aug-2017 Batch, Click here.
- Mock test for Computer based IMU-CET, Click here.
- Latest Circular for Aug -2017 Batches on 07-03-2017, Click here.
- Latest circular for IMU-DNS Aug -2017 Batch , Click here.
- IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date for DNS Aug-2017 Batch , Click here.
PROGRAMMES/COURSES offered by IMU at IMU campuses (Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam, Cochin.)
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- B.Sc (Maritime Science)
- B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science).
- MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma programmes
- PGDME: Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering.
- At present Ph.D. Programme is being conducted at IMU Visakhapatnam Campus.