Indian Maritime University (IMU) is a Central University, Providing quality education in the maritime field. It was established by the Indian Maritime University Act 2008, on 14 November 2008. So, 14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year. It has campuses at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Cochin. Its headquarters is at Chennai and has jurisdiction all over India. The main objective of the Indian Maritime University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training; research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields. The University has 35 affiliated institutes.
|IMU-CET ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 EVENTS||Dates (Tentatives)|
|IMU-CET Online Application Form Starts||November ,2017|
|Last Date for Applying Online Application form||December,2017|
|IMU-CET Admit Card Available from||December,2017|
|IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date ( Computer - based)||December,2017|
|IMU-CET Results||After Five days from the date of entrance exam|
|IMU-CET Counselling dates||December|
|Course Commences from||January, 2017|
IMU-CET Online Test on December,2018.
IMU-CET Online Application for Jan 2018 Batches(UG (DNS)) starts from November,2017.
IMU-CET Online Application -2018 last date November,2017.
IMU-CET Online Test Timings - 2pm - 5pm (December,2017).
IMU-CET Results -2018 will be declared after 5 days from the date of examination (December,2017).
- IMUCET Exam Admit Card/Hall Ticket, Click here.
IMU-CET 2018 Online Application Form, Click here.
- IMU Information Brochure for Jan-2018 Batches, Click here.
- IMU Important Notice for DNS Jan -2017 Batch, Click here.
- Mock test for Computer based IMU-CET, Click here.
- Latest Circular for Jan -2018 Batches , Click here.
- Latest circular for IMU-DNS Jan -2018 Batch , Click here.
- IMU-CET Entrance Exam Date for DNS Jan-2018 Batch , Click here.
PROGRAMMES/COURSES offered by IMU at IMU campuses (Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam, Cochin.)
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- B.Sc (Maritime Science)
- B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science).
- MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma programmes
- PGDME: Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering.
- At present Ph.D. Programme is being conducted at IMU Visakhapatnam Campus.