Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Admission Notification for April -2018 Batch.
Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)
Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Course is a one year Pre sea Training course for Graduates those who have completed BE /B Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture. GME is a course leading to Class IV Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of competency, awarded by the ministry of shipping Government of India, after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets to become Marine Engineers on board Merchant Navy Vessels (Ships) anywhere in the world. GME Course is the gateway for Mechanical & Naval Architecture Graduates to enter into Merchant Navy.
Admissions are open for Graduate Marine Engineering April-2018 Batch, Apply Now.
For admission & Fee Details Contact:
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure to apply online for Graduate Marine Engineering as follows:
- Visit imi.edu.in.
- Visit Admissions Page.
- Candidates are required to fill up 'Admission Form'
- For More Details Download Admission Brochure.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Mechanical Engineering(GME) Course.
Candidate should have B.E/B.Tech Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture With 50% Marks in Final year. Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in English at 10th & 12th Standard or Degree Course. College must have AICTE /UGC Approval.
Maximum 28 Years at the commencement of the course.
Written/ Interview/ Medical Examination.
Physical Standards - Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
Eyesight - Candidates have to qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the DG Shipping approved medical doctor before being finally selected for the course. Maximum permissible tolerance is + 2.5 on each eye. Colour blindness candidates are not eligible.
GME Course Duration: One year (2 Semesters).
GME Course Fees: Rs 3 Lac- 4Lac. (Depending on the College the candidate gets selected).
GME Course D.G Approved Institutes:
There are 20 Institutes which are offering GME course in India.
- International Maritime Institute Ltd, Greater Noida
- Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Karjat, Maharashtra.
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, [IMU Mumbai Campus], Mumbai
- Great Eastern shipping company Training Institute, Lonavala, Pune
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavala, Maharashtra
- Chidambaram Institute of Maritime Technology, Chennai
- Academy of Maritime Education & Training, Chennai
- Coimbatore Marine Centre, Coimbatore.
- Mangalore Marine College, Mangalore
- Institute of Maritime Studies, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd, Perumanoor, Kochi.
- Vel’s Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai
- Maritime Foundation, Chennai
- Garden Reach Ship Builders and Engineers Ltd, Kolkata
- HIMT College, Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu.
- RL Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai.
- PSN College of Engineering, Tirunelveli.
- V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune.
- Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering & Maritime Studies, Vizag, AP.
GME Career Progression:
1 YEAR TRAINING
EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING IN MEO CLASS IV PART A EXAMINATION SIX MONTHS DULY DOCUMENTED SEA SERVICE AS ASSISTANT MARINE ENGINEER OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
COMPLETION OF ADVANCED SAFETY TRAINING COURSES AFF, PSCRB, MFA AND THREE MONTHS PREPARATORY COURSE (optional) TO OBTAIN MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CLASS IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY – APPEAR FOR MEO CL-IV PART’ B’ MMD EXAMINATION – OBTAIN MEO CL-IV CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
12 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL-IV ENGINEERING OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
4 MONTHS TRAINING COURSE – APPEAR MMD EXAMINATION MEO CL-II PART B - OBTAIN CLASS II MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY ( DME TO APPEAR FOR PART A)
18 MONTHS APPROVED SEA SERVICE AS MEO CL –II OFFICER IN CHARGE OF AN ENGINEERING WATCH
2 MONTHS ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE – OBTAIN CLASS I MARINE ENGINEERING OFFICER CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY
PROMOTED TO CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER
Note: It is better to get Sponsored from a shipping company before joining the course.So that there is a job assurance as soon as you finish the course.As it is very difficult to get placed on the vessels as a fresher non-sponsored candidates as soon as you finish the course.So we suggest you to take sponsorship from a RPSL company before joining the course.
For More Details:
Get Registered with us, Register with us